TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Walk

Default Eagle Walk

What do you think of starting the Eagle Walk on the very last row near the soccer stadium. Not trying to sound lazy or anything because I walk up where the team comes in anyway now. More, less, or the same number of people?

Sounds like something Van Goiter would do, oops did. Maybe two rows furher up.
    YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. ANYTHING YOU SAY MAY BE MISQUOTED AND USED AGAINST YOU

Class of 73

That was the one thing Van Gorder did that I liked. Bringing the team inn form farther back gives them a little more of an entrance

4. Default

I also agree that bringing the team down as much of the middle row as possible would be great. I think we could get a lot more people participating if we do it that way. For the record, I don't think people are lazy. I just think that when they hear the horns honking and see the busses pulling in they may think it's too late to walk all the way up to the Bishop Building.

Much agreed we need to push this info to the top..for the App State game

Wouldn't that be somewhat distracting for the players? Maybe pump their egos up a little to much before a game? Its almost like a pregame parade. If I was a player I would want to get off the bus and head to the locker room to keep my focus.

Any former players thoughts on the subject?
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

would be nice for the busses to pull up to the track fields and then them just walking up the middle, like the idea, i think people would def. walk to the center or the tailgating than to the front and back to continue tailgating and socializing!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Wouldn't that be somewhat distracting for the players? Maybe pump their egos up a little to much before a game? Its almost like a pregame parade. If I was a player I would want to get off the bus and head to the locker room to keep my focus.

Any former players thoughts on the subject?
    Players at the 1-A level and recruits usually love it. Recruits usually eat it up.

Several of us were talking about this at a recent home game. We all thought it would be a great idea especially if you could get the band there to line the center aisle. I think the App State game would be a good game to start.

Focus..how bout players feeling like GSU is behind them. Maybe they just need to get pumped up!!I took alot of sports psycholgy classes in college and they have to get prepared mentally..honestly don`t think it will hurt anything if they pull the buses in the middle..get more of the crowd pumped up and let the Eagles know that everyone is behind them. Definetely don`t think it will hurt anything..like half said most team like Ole Miss for example has a walk before they go into the game. I personally like it..think it does look better to recruits and so on