TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tip-Off Club Membership/Letter from 'CY'

Default Tip-Off Club Membership/Letter from 'CY'

Dear Basketball Fan,

We are only a few days away from the 2009-2010 season opener and I am having a hard time sleeping! When I stepped to the podium in April, the day of the first game seemed like it was a million years away, I didn't know how I would make it. Now, it's right upon us and I couldn't be more excited (and maybe a little anxious).

I hope at sometime in the last seven months we have had a chance to meet and I could tell you personally about our team. As a team and coaching staff, we have accomplished a great deal. We've established some new guidelines for our Eagle basketball student-athletes, we've been working hard in the classroom, in the gym and in the weight room, and we're developing a family atmosphere. We have also been working on the schedule for 2010-2011 and scouting out the best recruiting class for Fall 2010 and beyond.

Of great importance in developing our basketball program and reaching new levels of success is having a strong fans and supports behind us. I am impressed by what the Tip-Off Club has done for Georgia Southern Men's Basketball in recent years and hope I can count on your support as we begin a new era. Memberships and donations from the Tip-Off Club help us with unexpected expenses or purchases that may not be in the budget. As we build these funds, they can help Georgia Southern Men's Basketball gain a competitive advantage in the classroom or on the court. An annual membership is $50.00 for a couple, $35.00 for an individual and $20.00 for current students.

The benfits for us are great. For you, it might be that when you join or renew your membership, you truly understand how you are helping Georgia Southern Basketball reach the next level of success.

Thank you for renewing your membership to or for joining the Tip-Off Club.

Sincerely,

Charlton "CY" Young
    Head Basketball Coach
    THE Georgia Southern University

Jimmy Durrence, President
    Georgia Southern University
    Men's Tip-Off Club

P.S. For Tip-Off Club members, there are four (4) pre-game socials scheduled for this season:

Saturday, January 9,2010 vs. Western Carolina
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 vs. Davidson (Hanner Hooligan Tailgate VIII) Pack Hanner Day
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 vs. College of Charleston
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 vs. Wofford

All soicals begin 90 minutes before game time except the Hanner Hooligans Tailgate.

Georgia Southern Men's Tip-Off Club Membership Application

Name:

Spouse's Name (if applicable):

Mailing Address:

Phone Number/Fax/Cell:

Membership: Couple $50.00 Single $35.00 Current Student $20.00
    circle membership that applies

Please return application with membership fee payable to:

GSU Tip-Off Club
    PO Box 8115
    Statesboro, Georgia 30460
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

Default Re: Tip-Off Club Membership/Letter from 'CY'

There are several perks alloted to the members. At the end of the basketball season, all members will be sent tickets to the Basketball Banquet. Those non-members will have to purchase a ticket to attend.

I invite everyone to join and help support Coach CY.

I am interested in contributing/joining but I live too far away to reap any of the benefits that come with it. Can my benefits that come with membership be given to a current student or someone who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to join for themselves?

If you live in the Atlanta area some of the perks may be used to go the Georgia Southern v. Georgia State game or possible Auburn game if you wish to drive to Alabama? If you live beyond that we can make arrangements for your designated person.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    If you live in the Atlanta area some of the perks may be used to go the Georgia Southern v. Georgia State game or possible Auburn game if you wish to drive to Alabama? If you live beyond that we can make arrangements for your designated person.
    I might join (I'm a student)

What's in it for Tip-Off members at the GSU/State game?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

What is really in it is your support of the Team financially? The perks will take care of themselves.

I would appreciate everyone making an effort to join the Tip-Off Club. it benefits the Team immensely.

OH! We do have a few pre-game socials where you can fellowship with other members and meet Coach Cy prior to the game. If you haven't ever been to the social half-n-half can tell you the food is great.

Please return application with membership fee payable to:

GSU Tip-Off Club
    PO Box 8115
    Statesboro, Georgia 30460
    Where do you get the application?
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    Where do you get the application?
    Bottom of the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Bottom of the first post.
    Oh, I was thinking he was just saying what you needed. And that we had something more official. Gotcha!
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

I encourage everyone that has a few dollars to scrape together, to join the Tip-Off club.

For starters, what you get back easily equals the $$$ you contribute. Plus, this money in the past has gone directly into funding things such as nutritional supplements which might not have been otherwise purchased due to budgetary restrictions.

I have been a member all but one year (last year) since inception, and while I haven't been able to make the banquets due to work issues, and many of the games (living 2 hrs away), it has been money well spent.

Please consider supporting CY and the Eagles this season !
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.