TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GSU Fans - Same old same old

Default Re: GSU Fans - Same old same old

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I hid under my desk for about 10 minutes after reading this. My check has been in a sealed envelop in my truck for about 2 weeks now. Keep forgetting to take it to the post office. Color me ashamed.
    Don't hold on it until the postage rate goes up? lol
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

2. Default Re: GSU Fans - Same old same old

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    I have never seen Sam suit up for a basketball game since he has been at Georgia Southern. You won't be hurting Sam; you are hurting the student/athletes who bust their butts on the court.

So, it is your money and you can do what you want with it. It is still the same old, same old talk about helping athletics.
    I was fully prepared to be told "You're just hurting the student/athletes" and that is what made my decision so painful. I assure you that I didn't come to it quickly or easily.

But with all that has happened, my conscience would no longer allow me to hold my nose and fork over my money. I apologize to those who disagree, but I see it as my last alternative. And it is no commentary on those who have decided keep contributing.

I don't agree with you but I am going to respect your decision.

4. Default Re: GSU Fans - Same old same old

Just to show my thought process as I was making this decision, I found the thread I made asking for advice several weeks ago.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?t=6258

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    Don't hold on it until the postage rate goes up? lol
    It has a forever stamp on it.

I will put it in the mail tomorrow. I have to go right by the post office to get my oil changed. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. I couldn't give much more than the $50 membership but hopefully I can keep talking the wife into increasing that donation every year.

I'm going to print the application out when I get home tonight and send it in as soon as possible. You can call me out on it in public if you don't see my contribution come on in.

-Josh Morris
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

You've got mine, right EG2? I never filled out the form but did leave my check with the GSUAF office.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    You've got mine, right EG2? I never filled out the form but did leave my check with the GSUAF office.
    It seems that You & I always have our memberships fees in first. We don't like to wait.
    Thanks for your continued support and all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    I'm going to print the application out when I get home tonight and send it in as soon as possible. You can call me out on it in public if you don't see my contribution come on in.

-Josh Morris

Ditto. I'll have mine in the mail Monday at the latest. When a guy from Mendes calls you out, you'd better hop to it. JD, I would say that if you don't see mine by end of next week I'd take you to Ruby Jean's for a honey-bun and a Yoohoo, but I hear it's been closed for some time. That just ain't right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Ditto. I'll have mine in the mail Monday at the latest. When a guy from Mendes calls you out, you'd better hop to it. JD, I would say that if you don't see mine by end of next week I'd take you to Ruby Jean's for a honey-bun and a Yoohoo, but I hear it's been closed for some time. That just ain't right!!!
    We can go to Tatum's Corner, they have honey buns & Yahoos. Man, that is a meal in itself. Can you say breakfast before picking tobacco?

Will be looking for it!