TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Defensive coach hired

  1. Default Defensive coach hired

    Apparently we have hired at least 1 defensive coach:

    Georgia Southern: FootballScoop has learned that McKendree College defensive coordinator Trent Poelker has joined the staff at GSU. We hear Poelker will be coaching the defensive backs.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    He's also the Golf Coach at McKendree. The Bearcats play NAIA ball. Poelker has been the DC for a while, coaching for his father. They were 9-2 in '09, and the PPG numbers were pretty good on D. Monkin played for his father at Milliken and Jeff's brother, Jim, is coaching at McKendree now.

  3. Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    I sincerely hope not. McKendree's an NAIA school, not NCAA. We need to be lookin a little higher than that. Interesting though, that their kicking coach is Jim Monken.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah Ga
    Posts
    15,188

    Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    John Scott who played at WCU is on staff too. I read on the WCU Board that we was visiting high schools sporting a GSU jacket

    http://www.missouristatebears.com/Vi...&Q_SEASON=2009

  5. #5

    Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    He's also the Golf Coach at McKendree. The Bearcats play NAIA ball. Poelker has been the DC for a while, coaching for his father. They were 9-2 in '09, and the PPG numbers were pretty good on D. Monkin played for his father at Milliken and Jeff's brother, Jim, is coaching at McKendree now.
    http://athletics.mckendree.edu/roste...all&type=coach


  6. Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinBluesince'88 View Post
    I sincerely hope not. McKendree's an NAIA school, not NCAA. We need to be lookin a little higher than that. Interesting though, that their kicking coach is Jim Monken.

    Grabbing a NAIA Defensive Coordinator, who Monken knows, and played with, to be a defensive position coach, is a GREAT hire IMO.

    He obviously trusts the guy as a coach. That means enough to me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinBluesince'88 View Post
    I sincerely hope not. McKendree's an NAIA school, not NCAA. We need to be lookin a little higher than that. Interesting though, that their kicking coach is Jim Monken.
    That's a silly comment.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubtown, GA
    Posts
    1,917

    Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    One of the previous coordinators was a HS guy. At least we're getting college ones now.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  9. Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    Yea, because it would never work if you hire a HS coach. I mean when Lees Mcrae hired some podunk HS coach from Avery, NC. What were they thinking? And Arkansas hired some rag tag HS coach a few years ago named Gus. They might as well have hired GUS the Eagle!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Defensive coach hired

    Quote Originally Posted by Rec-Les Tailgating Crew View Post
    Yea, because it would never work if you hire a HS coach. I mean when Lees Mcrae hired some podunk HS coach from Avery, NC. What were they thinking? And Arkansas hired some rag tag HS coach a few years ago named Gus. They might as well have hired GUS the Eagle!
    Gustav the Mad Scientist of Football! Yeah, high school coaches would never work. It's just coincidence that Gustav the Mad Scientist's offense (along with some great recruiters among the assistants) is bringing in one of the best recruiting classes in the history of Auburn University this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •