TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradwell Institute's John Ulrick - Center/DL

1. Default Re: Bradwell Institute's John Ulrick - Center/DL

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    It is times like these when you have a recruit or two that you REALLY want that a great recruiter steps in and seals the deal. We still have some cache from the Six NC banners but someone will have to tell mom why its best for his son over in the 'Boro
    The problem we face now is that the lower level FBS teams counter with, "Why do you want to play division 2 ball when you can play with the big boys in D-I and you get to play on ESPN a few times a year." Your family can watch you play on ESPN. Also, we have a handful of guys playing in the NFL.....IAA guys don't get noticed by the pros as much.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Default Re: Bradwell Institute's John Ulrick - Center/DL

Quote Originally Posted by GATA ERK View Post
    You can likely scratch him off the list. I don't think people realize the impact that the surge if schools moving up to FBS over the past 15 years has had on us. Players that we would have definitely signed are now signing with MTSU, Troy, UCF, USF, FIU, FAU etc.
    Wrong asessment! His father is in the US Army. He prefers to play closer to home so his father could watch him play college football. Presently, his father is in Iraq.
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

3. Default Re: Bradwell Institute's John Ulrick - Center/DL

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    It is times like these when you have a recruit or two that you REALLY want that a great recruiter steps in and seals the deal. We still have some cache from the Six NC banners but someone will have to tell mom why its best for his son over in the 'Boro
    Those banners are getting a little old. Ten years is too long to be relevant today. It's sad when that's all we have to talk about. As a parent I'd be asking why 4 coaches in 6 years.

4. Default Re: Bradwell Institute's John Ulrick - Center/DL

John Ulrick has committed to Georgia State. Just an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    John Ulrick has committed to Georgia State. Just an FYI.
    WHAT! I thought that Georgia State wouldn't be on the same recruiting level as Georgia Southern for the next 10 years! :sarcasm:
    Fire Sam Baker.

As an aside, I don't think we are looking for very many 6'8" OL if we're going to be running the ole TO. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Fire Sam Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFlyinEagle View Post
    WHAT! I thought that Georgia State wouldn't be on the same recruiting level as Georgia Southern for the next 10 years! :sarcasm:
    They aren't.

8. Default Re: Bradwell Institute's John Ulrick - Center/DL

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    They aren't.
    Be sure to tell that to guys like Sherrod Loud, because he didn't get that memo. He committed to Georgia State despite having offers from GA Southern, UAB, Western Michigan, and others. We had some Troy fans raise their eyebrows this year when we snagged a couple of their former commitments who decommitted and went with us (i.e. Justin Hughes). Heck, LaDeven Kirkland, the 6-5/340 JC transfer who committed to GA State had offers from BC, Mississippi, Rutgers and USF coming out of high school, so we must be doing something right with this recruiting thing, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    They aren't.
    So why is this the 18th reply in this thread? The majority of which are worried about losing this recruit to another school? A recruit that we aren't even interested in. A recruit that has supposedly committed to Georgia State?

I'd be willing to bet that we will begin losing a couple of top recruits to Ga. State every year in the very near future. I won't even mention some of the other schools who we are already losing recruits to every year that we used to sign year in and year out.
    Fire Sam Baker.

I'm not really worried about Georgia State. Once Sammy's gone, and we handle our business, we'll be fine. I can't see the allure of going to Georgia State. I'd almost rather go to the University of Beirut. That campus is trash.