TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Start reading

Default Start reading

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: Start reading

I was talking to a friend about this earlier today, and it looks like this has everything to do with sports other than football, especially basketball, and nothing to do with football. It mentions moving from division II to division I. It doesn't say anything about I-AA or FCS.

In my opinion, this won't change much as far as GSU is concerned. Other than maybe small changes, when the moritorium ends, it will be up to us as to whether or not we move. The discussion going on up there won't really have anything to do with our situation. We are already Div I.

The most intersting thing to me will be to see how the administration reacts. With the previous admin, when the moritorium hit, it just seemed to be a ready made excuse to not do anything. Now that we have a new president, we'll see how he reacts once the excuse is gone.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

I dunno ... talks about APR, talks about an invite from a conference .... all things we aren't positioned very well for right now.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I dunno ... talks about APR, talks about an invite from a conference .... all things we aren't positioned very well for right now.
    Would you consider Georgia Southern "an institution subject to historically based Academic Progress Rate penalties"? I know we've had problems but has it constantly been bad? I sure hope we haven't been branded as such.

We haven't received any historical penalties from the APR as far as I'm aware. That's what Chatty has received and had them banned from the post season this past year.

Since we're already D1, I think pretty much all of that wouldn't apply to us if we decided to move up. I could see them making the conference invite stick if you wanted to move from 1-AA to 1-A though.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We haven't received any historical penalties from the APR as far as I'm aware. That's what Chatty has received and had them banned from the post season this past year.

Since we're already D1, I think pretty much all of that wouldn't apply to us if we decided to move up. I could see them making the conference invite stick if you wanted to move from 1-AA to 1-A though.
    It would be suicide to move up as an indie anyway. That point doesn't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    It would be suicide to move up as an indie anyway. That point doesn't matter much.
    Yea that's true, I was just saying out of that whole list I think that's the only thing that would really affect us, seeing as how it mainly relates to D-2 to D-1 moves.

Focused on Div II moves. I don' think they are considering lumping all Div I together again so this creates more questions than answers for me.
    YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. ANYTHING YOU SAY MAY BE MISQUOTED AND USED AGAINST YOU

Class of 73

Anyone else notice the transition period is now 5 years? Didn't they make it 2 (like when we beat FIU) a la the Marshall rule?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Anyone else notice the transition period is now 5 years? Didn't they make it 2 (like when we beat FIU) a la the Marshall rule?
    "A five-year “reclassification” process for new members following no less than five years of membership in Division II."

I read this as a reclassification to DI from a lower division and not a reclassification from Division I (FCS) to Division I (BCS). As someone pointed out earlier, this release raises more questions than it answers.

It would be nice if there were a Q&A dialogue with the NCAA on these questions, but that would be expecting far too much.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"