TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept. 18th - Coastal Carolina Game

Default Sept. 18th - Coastal Carolina Game

I have made contact with Mr. Ed Quinn of the North Myrtle Beach Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort. This was the motel that a lot of us stayed in for the last visit to Coastal Carolina.

When you call and make a reservation be sure to ask for the Georgia Southern Block of rooms and Mr. Ed Quinn.

Number: 843-272-6101

A party will be planned on the Friday night of the 17th of September. We will provide more details as the game nears.

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
    GROUP RATES:

9/17/2010 to 9/19/2010

QQS/QQN ($95.20 + tax) Everything in one room....2 Queen beds, kitchenette(efficiency kitchen) and sleeper sofa w/ private balcony oceanfront.
    (When walk-in have bathroom and kitchenette, next 2 Queen beds and sleeper sofa beside private balcony.)

KN ($95.20 + tax) Identical to the QQN/QQS except it has a King bed instead of 2 Queens.

Annex KN ($63.20 + tax) Limited Ocean view with King bed small (micro-fridge) and coffee pot. Everything in the same room, no private balcony, just common walkway.
    (When you walk-in, have bathroom on the left micro-fridge and then King bed.)

HC KN ($95.20 + tax) King size bed with microwave, micro-fridge and coffee pot.
    (Units #212 and #312.)

Ste QN ($79.20 + tax) 2 room Queen suite efficiency. Walk-in to room with sleeper sofa and T.V. seperated by bathroom/efficiency kitchen, then have room with 1 Queen and T.V.!

Ste KDN ($103.99 + tax) Deluxe 2 room King suite efficiency. Walk into room with double bed seperated by efficiency kitchen and bathroom, then have room with King bed and sleeper sofa, private balcony oceanfront.

Ste EQQN ($111.99 + tax) Executive 2 room suite. Walk into room with 2 Queen beds on the street side seperated by efficiency kitchen with full size fridge, then have room with muphy bed that pulls out of the wall plus a sleeper sofa.
    (These room are the 11 and 17 rooms in the tower and have a door that seperates the two rooms.)
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

Default Re: Sept. 18th - Coastal Carolina Game

That was quite fun when we did that a few years ago...hopefully I will be able to go again.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

I had planned to go but my wife is having a tough time getting off work. Only 3 people can be off on a given week and when they put in for time off at the beginning of the year 5 people put in for it (this happens maybe 1 week a year outside of holiday weeks). The catch is that 2 of the 5 are married and one of them is #4 and my wife is #5. Of all the luck, it's just a random week that the married couple picked to go on vacation together. But if nobody drops out then both of the married couples will and my wife will move to #3 on the list and get the week off. So I might just go ahead and book the hotel anyways as long as there is a good cancellation policy.

If she gets the week off, my plan is to drive from Atlanta to DC for the Navy game and then spend the first half of the following week in DC and then drive back down to Myrtle for the second half of the week and drive back to Atlanta on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I had planned to go but my wife is having a tough time getting off work. Only 3 people can be off on a given week and when they put in for time off at the beginning of the year 5 people put in for it (this happens maybe 1 week a year outside of holiday weeks). The catch is that 2 of the 5 are married and one of them is #4 and my wife is #5. Of all the luck, it's just a random week that the married couple picked to go on vacation together. But if nobody drops out then both of the married couples will and my wife will move to #3 on the list and get the week off. So I might just go ahead and book the hotel anyways as long as there is a good cancellation policy.

If she gets the week off, my plan is to drive from Atlanta to DC for the Navy game and then spend the first half of the following week in DC and then drive back down to Myrtle for the second half of the week and drive back to Atlanta on Sunday.
    Half......should you find that you are unable to make it let me know. I will make sure you get cancelled even if it is at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    Half......should you find that you are unable to make it let me know. I will make sure you get cancelled even if it is at the last minute.
    I should have some decent notice. Just didn't know what the cancellation policy was. I will probably go ahead and book this weekend.

I just got off the phone with Mr. Quinn. He says that all of his staff will BE informed of the block of rooms for Georgia Southern. He stated that everyone needs to call and reserve their room.

If you have any problems e-mail him at: ed@oceansands.com make sure to include a phone number so he can call you?

We are looking to have the whole place to ourselves. It will be the GSUFANS.COM gathering for Coastal Carolina. We will have a caravan leaving the morning for the game. What a great site to see all those vehicles lined up and going down the road with GSU flags and Eagle emblems on them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post

We are looking to have the whole place to ourselves. It will be the GSUFANS.COM gathering for Coastal Carolina. .
    Uh oh...can I get some security?

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Uh oh...can I get some security?
    Hang with me, that is all the security you will need unless Opie or eagleskins makes a visit.

Wife found out today that she is off that whole week. Making the reservation tomorrow. We will be there Thursday-Sunday at worst. Most likely Wed-Sun.

Just Got back from North Myrtle Beach....it was a bit cool, but had a great time and I was re-habbing from knee surgery. Great restaurants in the area...Ciao's....on kings highway(bus 17) and 52nd...some of the best Italian I have ever had...I may have to try to make this trip.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!