TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Southern?

1. Default Re: Where is Southern?

You guys should really stop drinking the municipal sewage water from great pigeon creek...

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    TALON, I hear tell that in order to fix their pole erection problem, they tried to get one from the Cheetah. It was closer to campus than TattleTails, but the quality didn't fit into the budget. Instead, they got one off Ebay reportedly from the Gold Club - a fraudent pole full of kickbacks and backalley deals.

2. Default Re: Where is Southern?

I asked some friend that go to Tech a couple weeks ago what they thought of state starting up football. They had no idea it was even happening and laughed at the idea. They said what a lot of other people have: "if we (GT) can't sell out our 55,000 seat stadium, what do they think they're going to do with the Dome?" I mentioned that state wants to go FBS and they laughed even harder. Tech is completely unconcerned with state and it seems like most people in Atlanta don't even know that state is going to pretend to have a team.

Default Re: Where is Southern?

I know two Ga. State alum that had no idea they were starting a team until I told them on Memorial Day.

4. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Pardon but your friend cannot either a) live in Atlanta and/or b) be a football fan. I mean, anybody who follows football and lives here knows. Must be one of those "Atlantans" that live in Dawsonville or Lovejoy. Every time and I mean every time I wear a GSU t-shirt or sweatshirt someone whether it's a cashier or cop or a passer-by, asks me about Coach Curry or when our first game is. But your intention isnt to make a considered opinion. You guys hate Atlanta and its residents. So stop hiding behind artifice and made up "I know a guy "stories and tell the truth in all your small minded, small town Mayberry glory. It's not our fault your best days are behind you and we will not be held back by YOUR failures.

5. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Riggght...they are alums...where do they live? Statesboro? I mean I get at least one mailing every 6 weeks for GSU Athletics. The Robisnson School of Business's Quarterly Magazine has a featured column by Bill Curry. They would have to live under a boulder in Bedrock.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I know two Ga. State alum that had no idea they were starting a team until I told them on Memorial Day.

6. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    Pardon but your friend cannot either a) live in Atlanta and/or b) be a football fan. I mean, anybody who follows football and lives here knows. Must be one of those "Atlantans" that live in Dawsonville or Lovejoy. Every time and I mean every time I wear a GSU t-shirt or sweatshirt someone whether it's a cashier or cop or a passer-by, asks me about Coach Curry or when our first game is. But your intention isnt to make a considered opinion. You guys hate Atlanta and its residents. So stop hiding behind artifice and made up "I know a guy "stories and tell the truth in all your small minded, small town Mayberry glory. It's not our fault your best days are behind you and we will not be held back by YOUR failures.
    Its not made up, people really don't know that you're trying to play football. As for Atlanta, we've got thousands of students from there. Half the people on this board are from there. Georgia Southern clearly doesn't hate Atlanta and Atlanta seems to love us. Keep talking crap about how we "live in the past" because at least we have a past. We have proven ourselves to be the best in the country 6 times. We have had a perfect 15-0 season while you guys might have a perfect 0-10 season. You just enjoy being the after thought in your own town. I would say "enjoy being the 2nd best team in your own town" but you've got to accomplish more than Morehouse or Clark Atlanta first.

7. Default Re: Where is Southern?

I mean I get at least one mailing every 6 weeks for GSU Athletics.
    WOW, Lucas is working hard! I wish you'd send in a check. We could use the money!

Riggght...they are alums...where do they live? Statesboro? I mean I get at least one mailing every 6 weeks for GSU Athletics. The Robisnson School of Business's Quarterly Magazine has a featured column by Bill Curry. They would have to live under a boulder in Bedrock.
    Sorry to break it to you, but both live in Marietta. When I told them, they were like "Oh really."

A big-name coach who is starting a program and is in town to begin with for the event? Not all that surprising. For all you know it may just be a blurb at the end of the show.

I'd expect them to spend about 50% of the time talking about UGA, about 25% of the time on Tech, about 15% of the time on college football topics not related to any of the three teams, and about 10% on Georgia State.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

10. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Let me get this straight, they live in Marietta, they are football fans and they didnt know despite the newspaper articles, the billboards, CBC appearing and more baby kissing events than Oxendine , the 1160 am constant mentions, local news, half a dozen local magazine articles, getting mentioned in every article that mentions the future of the Dome if/when the Falsons leave and the department of athletics trolling for alums (if you're in the Alumni Asociation you have gotten a mailing and actually about 5 or 6 in the last year) ...yet somehow as college football fans and supposed alums they did not know. Are they alums or did they just "attend". Because if theyre graduates and they like in Marietta and they did not know it must mean that they never leave the 2 mile circle around their homes AND are actively hiding from the GSU Alumni Asociation AND never read the AJC sports page or listen to the radio. I have run into people who did not know but it was always night time sigle mom students who are currently gong to GSU. They go to class and straight home and are not college football fans and could care less. I imagine there are Southern alumni who dont know what youre record was in 2009. It is conceivable I suppose to go to college and not like sports. But to be a grad and say, gee I didnt know...I mean I kept getting stuff from them AFTER I purchased my season ticket. Your friends should be the envy of Al-Qaeda for the hiding job they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but both live in Marietta. When I told them, they were like "Oh really."