TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Southern?

1. Default Re: Where is Southern?

At the same time I wouldnt tell anyone I lived in Acworth.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Don't you live in Lawrenceville? I would not be bashing any other city.

Default Re: Where is Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    It says you live in Acworth. That would explain the hell hole part. Are you the supposed Georgia State grad that "lives in Atlanta" and has never heard of our football program? Because that would explain that also.

I'm up here temporarily, I'm from the country and proud of it. I hate anything to do with the Atlanta area, thankfully I'm moving away from this place in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will never return. I also graduated from Georgia Southern, not some commuter school in the middle of a crime infested city.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

3. Default Re: Where is Southern?

To be Irrelevant, wouldn't Georgia State had to have been relevant in the first place?

4. Default Re: Where is Southern?

And that's the difference. I love the city and the country. No need to hate one just because you love the other.

5. Default Re: Where is Southern?

I am saving this post to take a look at it on June 29th 2013. I wonder how it will hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by AcworthEagle View Post
    To be Irrelevant, wouldn't Georgia State had to have been relevant in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I am saving this post to take a look at it on June 29th 2013. I wonder how it will hold up?
    Three things could happen by then and two of them are bad.....
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

7. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Well we could have hired some no name assistant and played in high school stadium but hey we'll leave that to you guys.

Like we would have gotten all those FBS transfers with Monken or whatever his name is and playing at Morris Brown. LOL
    I would rather have an up and coming coach that has spent the last decade working under the best option coach in all of football than a guy who was proven to be a failure in his past several jobs. I would rather have a self built, 18000 capacity, on campus stadium filled to capacity than a rented facility with no heart or soul filled to 8% capacity.

And that's the difference. I love the city and the country. No need to hate one just because you love the other.
    Well I don't love both so that is why I love one and hate the other. I honestly feel sorry for people that enjoy living in a place where all you see is asphalt and buildings, sit in traffic for an hour to go 10 miles, see the smog hovering over the city as you drive into it, where you turn on the news and all you hear about is somebody got murdered, arrested for drugs, etc. Why people enjoy this kind of life is beyond me.

I'll gladly take my backwards podunk area any day over the city and I could care less what the so called "elite" of the big city thought of me or where I'm from.

Anyways if people still care about your football team after the first year then I will give you some credit until then I will just chalk it up to first year hype.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

9. Default Re: Where is Southern?

For those fans just tuning in, in Statesboro failure = National Coach of the Year, SEC Coach of the Year, ACC Coach of the Year and the unswerving moral compass of an entire generation of coaches. We consider the fact that he call ESPN at 1 pm and be interviewed on air at 2 pm icing.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    I would rather have an up and coming coach that has spent the last decade working under the best option coach in all of football than a guy who was proven to be a failure in his past several jobs. I would rather have a self built, 18000 capacity, on campus stadium filled to capacity than a rented facility with no heart or soul filled to 8% capacity.

10. Default Re: Where is Southern?

Do you guys even have enough Helmets and what not? I recall seeing an article awhile back that showed this to be some sort of problem.