TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 100

Thread: Here's a laser show for you...

  1. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    State got just as many mentions as "that guy from TBS" while Tech and UGA dominated the conversation. They probably only put a picture of State on there because it was too expensive to pay UGA's or Tech's licensing fees. Nice job earning honorable mention in your home town.
    You don't need more than reference on the cover when you ARE the cover, LMAO!! I thought that would be clear even to someone as stupid as a Southern fan, but I guess not.
    Georgia Southern - they can't get an invite from the ESPN Game Day crew, but at least their fight song follows Jock Jams at a laser show.

  2. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    You marinate in something, not on it. Yet again, you get repeatedly served on a thread, but can't come up with any retort except something like "HAHA UR STOOPID!" How long until that one guy says "you can't make this up," "scouring," "LMAO" or something else besides smack talk? Why don't you take your dentures out and masticate on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    You don't need more than reference on the cover when you ARE the cover, LMAO!! I thought that would be clear even to someone as stupid as a Southern fan, but I guess not.
    I totally called your response. I've already explained why state is the cover of a women's magazine, its too expensive to pay schools that actually have an image. As far as content goes, UGA is mentioned 5 times on the cover while state is the after thought. "UGA, UGA, UGA, oh and state will actually play a game sometime."

  3. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Because that's an aggregate figure.....

    If you use division (I know, tough topic for a State student), you would get 800,000 viewers per year assuming 25 years.
    Here, I'll play this round. Let's go over your "aggregate" numbers a bit, oh bright one.

    First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine, but we'll just let that one slide as I honestly can't expect any better from someone affiliated with Southern. Of course, if playing a school fight song provides such tremendous exposure to a program, GSU is well ahead of Southern in that department since we've been airing daily commercials of season ticket info with our fight song in the background on 680 the Fan, which has literally millions of people tune in on monthly basis.

    But back to the laser show. So you say roughly 800,000 watch the laser show ever year. Ok. Southern's fight song has been part of the laser show, what, 3 years max according to one of your posters? So ignoring the fact that you are fighting for people's attention by being sandwiched in-between other school's fight songs, not to mention Jock Jams (LMAO!), you would at the very most, have had about 2.4 million people see the Southern fight song. Our 680 the Fan and 790 the Zone commercials and Curry radio interviews in the last 3 months alone dwarf that beyond discussion.

    But going back to the Atlanta Magazine. There are roughly 35,000 subscriptions circulating in the Metro Atlanta area. This doesn't even take into account how many times this magazine gets read by people in the households, or lobbies of businesses like doctors, lawyers, etc., or even how many people pass by or pick up a copy for a quick read at kiosks, grocery stores or the busiest airport in the country. Then, of course, there is this thing called the internet, where the Atlanta magazine gets hundreds of thousands of hits every month online, where people can not only see pictures, but read meaningful info about a program as opposed to watch a laser beaming on a granite mountain.

    So thank you for playing the "aggregate" game, but if you don't mind, next time use a better sample size, or you know, maybe some common sense.
    Georgia Southern - they can't get an invite from the ESPN Game Day crew, but at least their fight song follows Jock Jams at a laser show.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    Here, I'll play this round. Let's go over your "aggregate" numbers a bit, oh bright one.

    First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine
    ... that gets read for 40 seconds at a time while a Roswell house mom drops a deuce.


    I wonder if she hums the State fight song while finishing up?
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    17,072

    Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    Here, I'll play this round. Let's go over your "aggregate" numbers a bit, oh bright one.

    First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine, but we'll just let that one slide as I honestly can't expect any better from someone affiliated with Southern. Of course, if playing a school fight song provides such tremendous exposure to a program, GSU is well ahead of Southern in that department since we've been airing daily commercials of season ticket info with our fight song in the background on 680 the Fan, which has literally millions of people tune in on monthly basis.

    But back to the laser show. So you say roughly 800,000 watch the laser show ever year. Ok. Southern's fight song has been part of the laser show, what, 3 years max according to one of your posters? So ignoring the fact that you are fighting for people's attention by being sandwiched in-between other school's fight songs, not to mention Jock Jams (LMAO!), you would at the very most, have had about 2.4 million people see the Southern fight song. Our 680 the Fan and 790 the Zone commercials and Curry radio interviews in the last 3 months alone dwarf that beyond discussion.

    But going back to the Atlanta Magazine. There are roughly 35,000 subscriptions circulating in the Metro Atlanta area. This doesn't even take into account how many times this magazine gets read by people in the households, or lobbies of businesses like doctors, lawyers, etc., or even how many people pass by or pick up a copy for a quick read at kiosks, grocery stores or the busiest airport in the country. Then, of course, there is this thing called the internet, where the Atlanta magazine gets hundreds of thousands of hits every month online, where people can not only see pictures, but read meaningful info about a program as opposed to watch a laser beaming on a granite mountain.

    So thank you for playing the "aggregate" game, but if you don't mind, next time use a better sample size, or you know, maybe some common sense.
    Advertising is great unless your product is garbage, i.e. Ga State football.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    Here, I'll play this round. Let's go over your "aggregate" numbers a bit, oh bright one.

    First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine, but we'll just let that one slide as I honestly can't expect any better from someone affiliated with Southern. Of course, if playing a school fight song provides such tremendous exposure to a program, GSU is well ahead of Southern in that department since we've been airing daily commercials of season ticket info with our fight song in the background on 680 the Fan, which has literally millions of people tune in on monthly basis.

    But back to the laser show. So you say roughly 800,000 watch the laser show ever year. Ok. Southern's fight song has been part of the laser show, what, 3 years max according to one of your posters? So ignoring the fact that you are fighting for people's attention by being sandwiched in-between other school's fight songs, not to mention Jock Jams (LMAO!), you would at the very most, have had about 2.4 million people see the Southern fight song. Our 680 the Fan and 790 the Zone commercials and Curry radio interviews in the last 3 months alone dwarf that beyond discussion.

    But going back to the Atlanta Magazine. There are roughly 35,000 subscriptions circulating in the Metro Atlanta area. This doesn't even take into account how many times this magazine gets read by people in the households, or lobbies of businesses like doctors, lawyers, etc., or even how many people pass by or pick up a copy for a quick read at kiosks, grocery stores or the busiest airport in the country. Then, of course, there is this thing called the internet, where the Atlanta magazine gets hundreds of thousands of hits every month online, where people can not only see pictures, but read meaningful info about a program as opposed to watch a laser beaming on a granite mountain.

    So thank you for playing the "aggregate" game, but if you don't mind, next time use a better sample size, or you know, maybe some common sense.
    Say what you will but lasers are way cooler than a wifey magazine
    Go Eagles!!

  7. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    I totally called your response. I've already explained why state is the cover of a women's magazine, its too expensive to pay schools that actually have an image. As far as content goes, UGA is mentioned 5 times on the cover while state is the after thought. "UGA, UGA, UGA, oh and state will actually play a game sometime."
    Look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to cope with the fact that Georgia State University is on the front cover of the Atlanta Magazine Football Issue. Really, whatever works. If you can't comprehend that being on the cover of a magazine (we are the main story of the entire issue for crying out loud) warrants more prominence than a couple of small captions of others schools, then there really is not much I can do for you.

    And of course you already know my response. What else is there to do but laugh out loud and call people out on their stupidity on this board? I mean, it's not like Southern fans post anything other than the typical MARTA/bullet-proof vests/homeless/Atlanta inhales vigorously comments. Please, save it for the birds, because you folks got nothing, NOTHING on us. We are doing it bigger, better and faster than you can even comprehend, and I wouldn't be here rubbing it in if it wasn't for a couple of @$$holes from this board repeatedly coming over to our message board and talking trash. You made your bed, now sleep in it. Just wait until ESPN's college preview issue comes out next month. You will not heart the end of it for years.
    Georgia Southern - they can't get an invite from the ESPN Game Day crew, but at least their fight song follows Jock Jams at a laser show.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    Look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to cope with the fact that Georgia State University is on the front cover of the Atlanta Magazine Football Issue. Really, whatever works. If you can't comprehend that being on the cover of a magazine (we are the main story of the entire issue for crying out loud) warrants more prominence than a couple of small captions of others schools, then there really is not much I can do for you.

    And of course you already know my response. What else is there to do but laugh out loud and call people out on their stupidity on this board? I mean, it's not like Southern fans post anything other than the typical MARTA/bullet-proof vests/homeless/Atlanta inhales vigorously comments. Please, save it for the birds, because you folks got nothing, NOTHING on us. We are doing it bigger, better and faster than you can even comprehend, and I wouldn't be here rubbing it in if it wasn't for a couple of @$$holes from this board repeatedly coming over to our message board and talking trash. You made your bed, now sleep in it. Just wait until ESPN's college preview issue comes out next month. You will not heart the end of it for years.
    Not heart huh? You would think Atlanta Commuter College would offer a typing class.


    A magazine about the Atlanta area has a football issue and is covering a school starting football for the first time and that school is located in Atlanta....holy crap that is the craziest thing ever, I would never expect that to happen. It's about as crazy as the Statesboro Herald or the Savannah Morning News having articles about us.

    I am amazed that something like that would happen, clearly Atlanta Commuter College has passed us by being covered by a local magazine that is read by bored housewives.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    17,072

    Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDK10 View Post
    Please, save it for the birds, because you folks got nothing, NOTHING on us. We are doing it bigger, better and faster than you can even comprehend.
    Right. When you win a championship within 5 years of starting your program and win over 20% of the titles handed out, let us know. But we have nothing, NOTHING on you. What a tool.

  10. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

    Yes, we will heart it. We will heart it for a long time. We've got loads of stuff on you. 6 national championships in 2 decades (faster than your so called rapid rise could ever be), winning records against you in sports, and better looking women. As for smack, we've laid it down hard and you have repeatedly avoided the tough stuff. Keep bragging about being in a women's magazine, it is really cute.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •