TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a laser show for you...

Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

Here is a link to past issue "covers":

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/backissues.aspx

bwahahahahaha!!!!

Here is my favorite, March 2010, a special on Atlanta Colleges and for an even better read, the Atlanta Roller Derby:

Note....nothing on gaYstD...but I thought inhale vigorously10d's said that it does not matter whats inside if you are the cover. I feel for these poor guys, their let down is going to be horrendous for the next 1 - 10 years.

Next month....Vogue magazine details the GaYStD uniforms....

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Readership is 75% female.
    That's why State boys are so excited...75% of their team used to be female too.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    Quoted from the Panthertalk forum:

"...er...we're kind of on the cover of the August 2010 Football Issue." - Panama

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/sh...=7336#post7336

Not confident on there like you are on here. What gives?

5. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

er...Panamanian...Sarcasm kind of in DNA

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Quoted from the Panthertalk forum:

"...er...we're kind of on the cover of the August 2010 Football Issue." - Panama

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/sh...=7336#post7336

Not confident on there like you are on here. What gives?

6. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

...I cannot wait to see what your snappy retorts will be about ESPN The Magazine...

lmao

er...Panamanian...Sarcasm kind of in DNA
    Other fun quotes about this mega worldwide release from Georgia State fans:

- "Where do you get that? I have never seen that mag before."

- "So no stores? Crap.."

- "I would not be on their boards at all if it wasn't for a couple of their numbnuts repeatedly coming over here and talking trash. They made their bed, now they need to slip in it."

AND THE WINNER IS:

- "This may be TMI, but I just got a hard on. Look at our practice field!"

...I cannot wait to see what your snappy retorts will be about ESPN The Magazine...

lmao
    Kudos on that. I'm being serious. A cover on ESPN mag is something significant ... even if it ends up being a regional cover ... that is more to what should be your target audience.

The key is sustaining that sort of coverage. Otherwise, it is flash-in-the-pan.

Georgia Southern has had several multi-page articles in SportsIllustrated as far back as 1981 ... nothing recent of course, because in the last four years we've done nothing to be relevant. We'll see if that changes with our new staff in place. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I suspect that the AJC will probably have front page coverage for state football, at least in the Sports section, on your opening day game ... probably with a photo or two.

Compare your opening day coverage to what you get on the third Saturday in October, and that will be a better bellweather of the coverage you can expect week in and week out. My guess is that ESPN covers aren't going to be a frequent occurrence for state football.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

9. Default Re: Here's a laser show for you...

All kidding aside, I read the Atlanta Magazine article last night and was shocked at the level of research the writer did (They article is actually called the F word which was what football was called under the former administration as in forbidden to be mentioned in the Prez' presence....seriously) as well as the high rollers Downtown who have donated $$$ and/or purchased season tickets including one former mayor, a congressman, a senator and the current Lt Guv. That's not to mention the CEOs. So sustaining it will be important because this level of person is investing on the ground level but expecting big things.

lmao
    It's time for me to let y'all in on a little secret. The recent covers, both Atlanta Magazine and ESPN are the result of editorial IOU's. Here's what happened:

Atlanta had an Journalism convention (I don't remember the name of it, something like Writing Wrongs or something stupid like that) back in January at the World Congress Center. The editor of Atlanta invited the editor of ESPN to a round of golf at the Golf Club of Georgia. They hired a caddy, who happened to be a Georgia State grad, one of their most successful in history, to date - believe it or not, he has actually held a job for 22 years in a row!!!! Congrats, Georgia State! Back to the story.....

So, on the 13th hole, the editors made a $10,000 bet on the score on this particular hole. Well, the caddie, seeing his opportunity to strike it rich, decides to get in on the bet. He tells the players that they will both 3 putt on the hole (he knew the green was particularly difficult on this hole). As it turned out, both players triple bogeyed and three putted. The caddie won the bet.

So, in order to try to avoid giving the caddie five grand each, they offered to put the caddie's college football team on their covers in an issue this year. The caddie didn't know that Ga State had a football team and refused, wanting instead a chance to audition for the new TP for my BungHole - A Beavis and ButtHead Reunion movie coming out this fall. The editors convinced him that they had no influence in the cinema industry, finally explaining the difference between "editor" and "director". Furthermore, they whipped out their Blackberry's and proved to the caddie that GA State did indeed have a football team. Although the caddie didn't really care, they were able to convince him that the covers were worth enough to cover the ten grand debt. So, he reluctantly agreed.

The two editors could sense the caddy's disappointment during the remainder of the round and felt bad for him. They each tipped him a dollar and bought him some popcorn and a Coke at the clubhouse, and the caddy felt much better afterwards, so it all worked out in the end.

So, that's how it happened.