TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 646566

Thread: Georgia Southern versus Old Dominion Game Thread

Default Re: Georgia Southern versus Old Dominion Game Thread

You folks had a large contingent today in what can be only be described as an "electric atmosphere". WHile the 4th quarter is the stuff of nightmares, ODU has lots of respect for your program and the quality of games our teams produce. Beat the Bison and beyond.
    The best view of Williamsburg is the one in your rear-view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    So, earlier in the week (I think on the how would you defense ODU thread) one poster noted that GSU would make use of the depth that they had on the Dline and rotate linemen from the get-go. Then in the 4th qtr GSU would be to physical for ODU and take control of the game. Or something to that effect.

Well you nailed it, so go ahead and raise your hand and take credit for the call.
    Thank you very much, pretty obvious saw the seeds of it earlier in the year and the sprout vs UCA, ODU is a finesse one dimensional team, you beat them by wearing them out and with superior depth. This coaching staff has a knack for putting the most athletes it can on the field, even if sometimes it looks like a round peg in a square hole. 33 and 66 looked fresh at the end and the DBs looked much improved having 30 back really helped. I also think Coach Melton deserves a game ball. Go Eagles!
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

CJEagle nailed it pretty good too
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

4. Default Re: Georgia Southern versus Old Dominion Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    do you mean i was upset because we dont pass enough? Got me wrong, I hope we never throw another forward pass in my lifetime, I'm Woody Hayes kinda guy, "3 yds and a cloud of dust".
    No, referring to your posts that say we lack the support to move FBS. One example you gave is that there was not a huge crowd to send off the team on Friday at 8 am.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

So, earlier in the week (I think on the how would you defense ODU thread) one poster noted that GSU would make use of the depth that they had on the Dline and rotate linemen from the get-go. Then in the 4th qtr GSU would be to physical for ODU and take control of the game. Or something to that effect.

Well you nailed it, so go ahead and raise your hand and take credit for the call.
    Did you catch me pre-game on the radio ?

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by odusmitty View Post
    You folks had a large contingent today in what can be only be described as an "electric atmosphere". WHile the 4th quarter is the stuff of nightmares, ODU has lots of respect for your program and the quality of games our teams produce. Beat the Bison and beyond.
    Btw thanks for letting me join your tailgate before the game. Was a lot of fun hanging out with you and the W&M guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

I hope we can continue the rivalry with ODU on the next level. You have to admire how far they have come so quickly. Great fans too !
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Perhaps you are referring to this post from your's truly on 12/3 at 6:09pm:

"Nice job DJ... very informative.

I watched your team several times this year on NBC Sports Channel and almost without exception you were able to wear teams out in the second half. IMO that has to do with your style of play and your opponents' lack of depth on the defensive side of the ball- especially d-line.

I'm hoping GSU can counter that in two measures. First, by controlling the ball and the clock, second by rotating d-linemen. GSU has more d-line depth than just about any FCS team I can remember and they've rotated guys in and out all year.

Your games all year have been shootouts decided late, I see no reason to think this one shouldn't be as well."

Did anyone else notice their Oline gasping for breath after one of their drives? It was either late 2nd or early 3rd quarter. I remember thinking, dang, we are wearing them out. Dline rotation was a big factor for sure.
    Hail Southern and no place else!

They didn't rotate any Oline, not one in the participation report. We played 9 Dlinemen.

Old Dominion: 2-Kirk Spellman, 3-Marquel Thomas, 6-Alex Arain, 9-Larry Pinkard, 11-Nate Ong, 16-Fred Credle, 22-T.J. Cowart, 24-Fellonte Misher, 26-Eriq Lewis, 27-Carvin Powell, 31-Jonathan Plisco, 36-Colby Goodwyn, 38-Malique Johnson, 39-Jarod Brown, 41-Brandon Bacchus, 44-Rodney Hunter, 49-Rick Lovato, 54-D. Guinn-Bailey, 83-Kai Blanco, 86-Mike Lennox, 88-M. Castleberry, 91-Andrew Everett, 93-Anderson Miller, 95-Nate Barnes.
    Hail Southern and no place else!