TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New donation levels for 2015?

Default Re: New donation levels for 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    You'd think from some of these posts Sam Baker was back in charge.

Interesting that all this newfangled bigtime FBS stuff comes with an FBS price tag.
    I'm sure you get a kick out of this thread.

Our ticket office/donor office did a ****ty job of communicating something? Let me put on my surprised face.

It shouldn't come as any shock that the donation levels for 106 and 108 are going up. Ralze and I looked at each other about midway through the 1st quarter of the SSU game and said "we won't be getting these seats for a $600 donation for too much longer." Now 105 and 109 going up doesn't make much sense to me. No way the donation level for 50 yardline seats should be the same as 30 yardline seats.

What should be happening is that 106 and 108 should be going up to $1200 donation and 105 and 109 staying the same. Then give those currently in 106 and 108 who don't make the jump to $1200 the ability to be first on the waiting list for 105 and 109 @ a $600 donation (last year's 106 and 108 level). Then give those currently in 105 and 109 the first right to make the jump up to $1200 and move to 106 and 108. Then those open seats from 105 and 109 go to those on the 106 and 108 list. This will tell you the demand for those seats and how much everybody is willing to pay. So if you make a mistake thinking that you can still sell out at $1200 each it isn't nearly as big of a mistake both financially or PR wise. And if you were right and every section from 105-109 is worth $1200 then you do it in 2016. But to me waiting 1 more year is worth the risk of potentially making a HUGE mistake.

I'll tell you what though, if any of you can't make the jump to $1200 then I highly recommend section LL. There isn't a better seat in the house than front row of LL.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I saw this coming, I posted a year ago when a lot of you were "giddy" over the 3 year "price lock", that maybe the tickets are locked but no where did they say donation levels "locked". It will be interesting to see how this all falls out. I know there is talk about artificial turf being put down, improved lighting and getting CF's pay up to speed; they got to raise the money somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I saw this coming, I posted a year ago when a lot of you were "giddy" over the 3 year "price lock", that maybe the tickets are locked but no where did they say donation levels "locked". It will be interesting to see how this all falls out. I know there is talk about artificial turf being put down, improved lighting and getting CF's pay up to speed; they got to raise the money somehow.
    Lighting for sure is being done. We just couldn't manage it last year. TK tweeted about that before the season started. That was why we had the temporary light tower for the ESPNU games.

Turf I've felt is coming sooner rather than later.

We've got to get Coach Fritz's pay up and more importantly we've got to get assistant pay up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Lighting for sure is being done. We just couldn't manage it last year. TK tweeted about that before the season started. That was why we had the temporary light tower for the ESPNU games.

Turf I've felt is coming sooner rather than later.

We've got to get Coach Fritz's pay up and more importantly we've got to get assistant pay up as well.
    +1

There sure are a lot of assumptions being made in this thread. You know what they say happens when you assume things, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    There sure are a lot of assumptions being made in this thread. You know what they say happens when you assume things, right?
    No. No one has ever heard. What happens?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    I think it's a safe assumption prices are going to go up.

It looks like they're making updates to the GSUAF website in preparation for that. I'm guessing what's happening is they've pushed those changes live and might not have meant to quite yet since they haven't announced anything about it. One person checked their account for something totally unrelated and now there's confusion because nothing has come out from the Foundation or the Athletic Department. Granted, it could be a little bit of getting riled up about nothing, cause things can get changed on websites by accident. However, it's likely that the changes are legit and they've been pushed to accounts maybe by accident before the administration can announce the new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I think it's a safe assumption prices are going to go up.

It looks like they're making updates to the GSUAF website in preparation for that. I'm guessing what's happening is they've pushed those changes live and might not have meant to quite yet since they haven't announced anything about it. One person checked their account for something totally unrelated and now there's confusion because nothing has come out from the Foundation or the Athletic Department. Granted, it could be a little bit of getting riled up about nothing, cause things can get changed on websites by accident. However, it's likely that the changes are legit and they've been pushed to accounts maybe by accident before the administration can announce the new changes.
    oops!, somebody pushed the button!, Being a child of the "cold war" era, I always get a little concerned over they "pushed the button", "Get down under your desk". One might say there will be some fall out over this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Yeah, just looked and my "pledge" is $700 more than last year. I appreciate the suggestion, but that ain't gonna happen... LOL
    They upped ours $600. Yeah...right...

We are at least safe in our section for one more year if they up it to $1,200. If they go beyond that, then we will have to reevaluate our situation.