TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

  1. #1

    Default We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    Yeah, we beat the slop out of two top MAC teams this season. Who wants to try and say our record is a product of the awfulness of the Sun Belt?

    We're not a good Sun Belt team, we are a good G5 team.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  2. Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    So when does that MAC trophy arrive in Statesboro? Or do we need to woodshed NIU to get it?

  3. #3

    Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUParty View Post
    So when does that MAC trophy arrive in Statesboro? Or do we need to woodshed NIU to get it?
    NIU already got theirs earlier today vs. Boise State.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

  4. #4

    Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    ESPN said this was the most points scored in any Bowl by a sunbelt team.

    Eva
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

  5. Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    ESPN said this was the most points scored in any Bowl by a sunbelt team.

    Eva

    Don't hate the Playa

  6. #6

    Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    NIU already got theirs earlier today vs. Boise State.
    They got outgained by over 600 yards vs. BSU, which might be a modern record, certainly the worst I've ever seen or heard of.

    They might come out of the fetal position and spit their thumb out in time for next season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    41,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    ESPN said this was the most points scored in any Bowl by a sunbelt team.

    Eva
    Not bad for our first Bowl game.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Yeah, we beat the slop out of two top MAC teams this season. Who wants to try and say our record is a product of the awfulness of the Sun Belt? We're not a good Sun Belt team, we are a good G5 team.
    Not not just any MAC team, the champs. The MAC should feel pretty pathetic honestly.

    I won't lie though and say I'm not a little shocked at that second half...after the first, I was expecting a knock down drag out kind of fight. Instead, the whole team just went into "feed me" mode.

    Favian said, "ain't nobody got time for that"!
    Georgia Southern University-Football
    NCAA 1-AA National Champions- 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1999, 2000
    Southern Conference Champions- 1993, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2011
    Sun Belt Conference Champions- 2014

  9. Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    This was the best drive to start the third quarter we have had this year .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    15,881

    Default Re: We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern View Post
    Not not just any MAC team, the champs. The MAC should feel pretty pathetic honestly.

    I won't lie though and say I'm not a little shocked at that second half...after the first, I was expecting a knock down drag out kind of fight. Instead, the whole team just went into "feed me" mode.

    Favian said, "ain't nobody got time for that"!
    I thought our first possession of the 2nd half was huge. We came out and scored a TD after eating up half the quarter. They never seemed to recover after that.

Similar Threads

  1. Welcome to the Sun Belt....
    By Pike51 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 17th September 2014, 03:05 PM
  2. EKU / SUN BELT
    By JDC325 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st March 2014, 09:30 AM
  3. Sun Belt & GSU
    By TALON in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 7th February 2014, 10:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •