TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    If Montae would just quit dribbling under the basket every time he gets the ball. He has great hands and potential to develop.
    Dribbles WAY TOO MUCH. If you are a post player and get the ball on the block you don't have time to dribble 4 times. He has offensive moves, but he's got to learn to be more decisive in his actions, which will lead to him being quicker. To me he get the ball and THEN decides what to do with it. Using the age old baseball analogy that every kid is taught from the time they start playing....know what you are going to do with the ball before it gets to you. Glenn has to start thinking more before he gets the ball in his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Dont forget how many times did our bigs, especially SO get in quick foul trouble. Bottom line, our current set of 3 big men have a lot of improvement needed.

Glenn has to work on his defense no question, but O'Connell is going to get in foul trouble every game if Byington keeps asking him to guard players that are 50 pounds heavier than him.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Glenn has to work on his defense no question, but O'Connell is going to get in foul trouble every game if Byington keeps asking him to guard players that are 50 pounds heavier than him.
    so that leaves only guards.(smile).

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    According to VC, Jason Burnell will transfer to another school. Not a big surprise since he was getting zero playing time on a very young team.
    maybe

5. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What makes you certain that's a one year thing? If he didn't play O'Connell at the 4 this year when we were beyond desperate for a 4 then why would he ever do it?
    I don't think it's a one year thing. It depends if we can sign another PF. If we can't O'Connell will remain at the 5. I think the pendulum swung in the opposite direction last year. In '14-15 Wiedeman, Ferguson, and Matias played most of minutes at 4 and 5, and it really clogged up our spacing in offense at times. Byington chose to go in the completely opposite direction last year and go with 1 big and 4 guards/wings, and play inside-out. The offense improved but the rebounding was atrocious. You're right, he could of mixed it up more by playing O'Connell/Burnell at the 4 alongside Simmons/Glenn at the 5. O'Connell could've developed an outside shot that would've kept our spacing intact, while Burnell could've been a Matt Fields style energy guy that would've fit well too. Something tells me there's more behind the scenes with Burnell. On a roster with only four forwards, you're telling me you can't find Burnell at least 10 minutes a night as the 10th man off the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    I don't think it's a one year thing. It depends if we can sign another PF. If we can't O'Connell will remain at the 5. I think the pendulum swung in the opposite direction last year. In '14-15 Wiedeman, Ferguson, and Matias played most of minutes at 4 and 5, and it really clogged up our spacing in offense at times. Byington chose to go in the completely opposite direction last year and go with 1 big and 4 guards/wings, and play inside-out. The offense improved but the rebounding was atrocious. You're right, he could of mixed it up more by playing O'Connell/Burnell at the 4 alongside Simmons/Glenn at the 5. O'Connell could've developed an outside shot that would've kept our spacing intact, while Burnell could've been a Matt Fields style energy guy that would've fit well too. Something tells me there's more behind the scenes with Burnell. On a roster with only four forwards, you're telling me you can't find Burnell at least 10 minutes a night as the 10th man off the bench?

Well let's not forget that Byington wouldn't play Simmons until he absolutely had to.

7. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

there is always more happening behind the scenes then what we see in games. both on court and off court.... just saying the coaches take all of it into account. They want to win but other things def impact there game time decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Dont forget how many times did our bigs, especially SO get in quick foul trouble. Bottom line, our current set of 3 big men have a lot of improvement needed.
    I don't buy that, sure some games that was the case, but not every game 24/7
    I do agree that Glen has potential and his work ethic/desire will determine how good he becomes. I think he will be much improved next year. Glen and OC are a step slow and that gets them into foul trouble

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    there is always more happening behind the scenes then what we see in games. both on court and off court.... just saying the coaches take all of it into account. They want to win but other things def impact there game time decisions.
    No doubt and it's very easy to criticize as fans.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

10. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

It appears that Burnell is transferring to St. Pete JC, so it seems like the move may be due to grades, not PT.