TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MBB: Troy and South Alabama

Default Re: MBB: Troy and South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    CB after game said we missed key foul shots and 10 "chippies" from up close. I think I read this right, Tookie with 8 shots, Jake with 2. IMO, Tookie has to start "gunning", 15-25 shots a night.
    Jake got hurt so he missed a good bit of time, but we still need to run some plays to get him shots when he is not getting them in the normal game flow.
    Tookie needs to take more shot, force a few if necessary, but USA made it a point to stop him. They we doubling him most of the night, I think if Ike is non factor because of his injury going forward, that was a preview of conf. teams will play us.
    Although the numbers don't really show it, I thought Ike looked better yesterday. Still not the same player, but seemed to be moving better in his limited time.
    OC didn't play, unless he was hurt (I was able to watch part of the game, but couldn't listen) that was a coaching mistake. the kid has been giving us some good minutes the past few games and needs more time. As a freshman CB gave him minutes when he wasn't doing anything, now that he is playing pretty good, CB has him at the end of the rotation. I didn't understand it back them and can't figure it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Jake got hurt so he missed a good bit of time, but we still need to run some plays to get him shots when he is not getting them in the normal game flow.
    Tookie needs to take more shot, force a few if necessary, but USA made it a point to stop him. They we doubling him most of the night, I think if Ike is non factor because of his injury going forward, that was a preview of conf. teams will play us.
    Although the numbers don't really show it, I thought Ike looked better yesterday. Still not the same player, but seemed to be moving better in his limited time.
    OC didn't play, unless he was hurt (I was able to watch part of the game, but couldn't listen) that was a coaching mistake. the kid has been giving us some good minutes the past few games and needs more time. As a freshman CB gave him minutes when he wasn't doing anything, now that he is playing pretty good, CB has him at the end of the rotation. I didn't understand it back them and can't figure it out now.
    i think part of the problem with OC getting playing time might be the lack of his defense when it comes to man on man, lots of quicker guys seem to blow right by him. When he's in on offense I'd like to see what he could do down low(can he create a shot from low post). Of course the offense we run, seldom sets Glenn up on low post, let alone attempting it with OC.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I didn't know Jake got dinged up. Ike's shooting % was terrible but he did get some rebounds. I laughed a little bit when I read CB's post game comments on the GS Athletic web sight, he said it will be great to get home, sleep in our own beds etc.... Oh yah coach?, who set up this crazy, grueling first half of season schedule in the first place. Darn right the kids will be glad to get home.